Nameless, Faceless Love


Venturing out from behind our Four Walls to a place at first unfamiliar to us, we found our Saviour waiting among the lost, inviting us to join Him in the Journey.
We offer no names and no faces.
Only His.
Nameless, Faceless Love.



Nameless, Faceless Love's authors live on every populated continent of the world, remaining nameless and faceless so that God might receive any and all of the glory.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Indispensable

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I just wish that I could hear from God like I see other people hearing from Him,” my friend had shared with me just months before. He was a relatively young Christian with a loving heart and - just like me - with plenty left to work on in his life.

Months later, I would be sitting in the visiting area of a local jail, speaking with him as he was to leave for prison. Convicted of a crime he didn’t commit, it looked like he would be gone for years, and in my pasts visits he had been understandably grieving.

But this day was different. When he came around the corner and I saw his face, I leaned forward. It was easy to see that something was very, very different. What could it be? (Click on the "Read More!" link below)

When my friend sat down, I asked him, “So how are you this morning?” “Great,” he said. “I was up all night. I was reading a passage of Scripture, the same one over and over.” “What passage?” I asked. “It’s from 1 Corinthians 12,” he said with a smile.

He went on to tell me that he had, sitting in a jail cell unjustly convicted and condemned, finally heard from God. He knew it, and he was overjoyed. He couldn’t stop smiling as he relayed to me what God had shown him about this passage of Scripture.

“You know the part where God says...” he said...

On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
[1 Corinthians 12:22-26]

“Yes,” I replied. “It’s one of my favorite passages of Scripture.”

“Well,” he said with joyful tears in his eyes, “that’s me. I’m the less honorable one. And I need to be in the Body. I’m part of it all.”

I realized that my friend had heard from God through His Word to us. And it had changed him, literally, overnight.

“Tell everyone, won’t you?,” he asked me. “Tell everyone what God showed me about all of us.” I promised I would.

Later that day, and before I would have opportunity to gather again with my and my friend’s fellow believers, I attended a meeting of spiritual leaders who were coming together from many different churches and denominations, seeking to reach out to our community in a Spirit-born, unified effort.

As the meeting began, the pastor who was coordinating the meeting opened it with a prayer and then said, “There’s something we need to do before we do anything else,” he said quietly. “I want you all to look at this. Look at it, and then we‘re going to speak it out loud together.”

He placed a transparency on the screen of an overhead projector. Shining on the wall of the meeting room, big and bright as could be, were the following words:

On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
1 Corinthians 12:22-26

In the seeming destitution of a jail cell, one brother in Christ, convicted and condemned, heard from God. In the seeming serenity of a pastor’s office, another brother in Christ, respected and revered, heard the same thing.

That’s the kind of oneness that we as God’s people can manifest when we’re listening to God with humility and one another with compassion.

Bear (endure, carry) one another's burdens and troublesome moral faults, and in this way fulfill and observe perfectly the law of Christ (the Messiah) and complete what is lacking [in your obedience to it].
Galatians 6:2



Click Here To Go To Our Home Page




Labels: , , , , ,


SUBSCRIBE and get updates whenever there's a new post at NFL

E-Mail                                Newsreader                   Bookmark
                      Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your blinklist account Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your delicious account Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your digg account Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your fark account Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your furl account Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your newsvine account
                                                                    Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your reddit account Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your simpy account Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your spurl account Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your myyahoo account Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your shadows account Add http://namelessfacelesslove.blogspot.com to your sync2it account





2 Comments:

Blogger Kent said...

we are in some desperate need of this type of embracing. I think of it being those on the margins....those identified as losers by society that Jesus pointed to as being closer to the kingdom of heaven than those in places of honor in society or with religious credentials.

I don't know if you have seen this or not so I will link it here. Society has a way of attempting to bring conformity and unity through setting boundries for behavior. If you cross that line you get smacked or worse. The weaker are looked upon as being a drag on the more productive.....the kingdom of heaven works differently. The goal is harmony.....peace on earth. Isn't that what this is all about? Restoration of that which has been lost.

http://www.windrumors.com/index.php/2007/06/04/uniformity-and-harmony/

August 06, 2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger Nameless Faceless Love said...

Thanks for your comments, Kent. Right on. Thanks for the link, too. I have seen it on your blog, but have never yet checked it out. I will.

Thanks most of all, though, for the gift you have given me. There's nothing like a leg up from someone that you know in your heart really cares about you. I won't forget that.

Thanks, my Brother.

August 07, 2007 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Nameless and Faceless From All Over The World



Myspace Map